Friday, January 20, 2012

A Brief Introduction to Winter Driving, and an Even Briefer Rant

I was let out of work an hour and a half early today and I arrived back at my apartment ten minutes after I would have if I had left at the regular time.

"Chicago officials detoured all CTA buses off Lake Shore Drive this afternoon for winter weather. But as of 6:30 p.m., buses that operate north of Roosevelt Road were back to normal routes, while buses south of Roosevelt remained rerouted until traffic conditions improve, the CTA said."

 My drive back home from work usually takes me forty minutes. Today it took me two hours and ten minutes. One hour and fifty of those minutes were south of an on (mostly on) Roosevelt Road. Never has any paragraph of any news story struck me as more accurate.

Life isn't fair and commuter-heavy areas should probably be cleared first, but Roosevelt Road is a major artery and it seems a little, dare I say, stupid that it was no better plowed than the incredibly minor, one-way street I live on.

Thank goodness for podcasts, and the fact that it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment