Saturday, December 17, 2011

Is it wrong to covet a traitor's socks?

I ask you.

(Other musings--probably not including this one--on the new film adaptation of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy will be up on my academic blog within the week. If you don't know where, like Smiley, you could painstakingly find out.)


But many, many sarcastic bonus points to the alumnus with whom I saw the film (along with his wife; both of them were only slightly older than my parents and both were, I hasten to add, very good company) who hesitantly asked me over drinks afterwards, "So Haydon was...a switcheroo?" At first I thought he meant double agent and assumed that he'd drifted off towards the end. And then I realized.

Never let it be said that I'm not up on all the unexpected and outdated euphemisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment